NOTES FROM WINEMAKER JEFF CICHOCKI:
Our organic Chardonnay grapes o°er lively flavors of green apples, pears and citrus to our Chardonnay. We ferment 70% of the juice in a combination of French and American oak, then allow this portion to undergo malolactic fermentation to create a rich, creamy wine with just a touch of oak spice. The remaining 30% is fermented in stainless steel to preserve the fruit’s fresh, crisp flavors. We age most of the wine using previously used or neutral oak in order for these fresh fruit characteristics to shine through. New oak was used for just 15% of the wine, lending this Chardonnay a nice vanilla note.
An initial impression of rich, buttery cream quickly turns to aromas of honey and lightly toasted almonds, followed by richer notes of pineapple, citrusy lemon and crème brûlée. The wine is refreshing on the palate, with a minerality that is both bright and clean. The lasting impression is of lemon zest and vibrant tartness that is hallmark Bonterra Chardonnay, vintage after vintage.
- TOTAL ACIDITY: 0.53 GRAMS/100ML
- pH: 3.43
- RESIDUAL SUGAR: 0.1 GRAMS/100ML
- ALCOHOL: 13.5%