The Indian Wells Merlot offers ripe berry fruit aromas and jammy flavors. This is a full-bodied style of warm climate Merlot with a round, supple finish. We added Wahluke Slope Syrah to enhance the mouthfeel and rich fruit character. I call this my pasta wine! - Bob Bertheau, Winemaker
• The 2016 vintage experienced the best of both worlds with a hot spring and early summer, but also a cool fall season.
• Cooler temperatures in August and September, slowed down ripening and resulted in longer hang time for the grapes and the longest harvest on record in Washington State (August 15-November 15).
• Overall, 2016 saw very favorable growing conditions, producing wines with ripeness and elegance.
• This Merlot is sourced from Eastern Washington vineyards in the Horse Heaven Hills and the Wahluke Slope, as well as our Cold Creek Vineyard.
• Vineyards were selected for producing high quality, ripe fruit, yielding wine with intense color and flavor.
• Grapes were destemmed and sorted using cutting edge technology to gently handle fruit and remove any green material, allowing for more pure, concentrated fruit expression.
• Gentle pumpovers were used to extract optimal flavor and color, and minimize harsh tannins.
• Aged in 51% new American and French oak barrels.
- 84% Merlot
- 16% Syrah
- TA: 0.55 g/100ml
- pH: 3.76
- Alcohol: 14.5%