The Indian Wells Merlot offers ripe berry fruit aromas and jammy flavors typical of Wahluke Slope reds. This is a full bodied style of warm climate Merlot with a round, supple finish. We added Wahluke Slope Syrah to enhance the mouthfeel and rich fruit character. I call this my pasta wine! - Bob Bertheau, Winemaker
• The 2015 vintage was one of the warmest growing seasons on record in Washington state.
• Warm temperatures continued through the spring and summer, moderating slightly into fall and extending an early harvest.
• Overall, 2015 saw optimal ripening across varieties and yielded outstanding wines throughout the region.
• This Merlot is sourced predominately from vineyards throughout the Wahluke Slope in Eastern Washington, including our Indian Wells Vineyard.
• Our most northern growing area, the Wahluke Slope is bordered on both the west and the south by the Columbia River.
• The region is a consistent producer of high quality, ripe fruit, yielding wine with intense color and flavor.
• Grapes were destemmed and sorted using cutting edge technology to gently handle fruit and remove any green material, allowing for more pure, concentrated fruit expression.
• Gentle pumpovers were used to extract optimal flavor and color and minimize harsh tannins.
• Aged in 51% new American and French oak barrels.
TA: 0.52 g/100ml