This wine is made from 100% Portuguiser, a variety commonly known as Blauer Portugieser in Germany and Austria, where it is widely-planted. This varietal can produce wines that are lively, with good color, acid, and body. Though the name suggests Portuguese origins, there has been no evidence supporting this claim.
Deep purple in color, aromas of black currants and black berries complement undertones of forest berries, strawberries, plums, and sweet chestnuts. On the palate, the wine is smooth, with moderate acidity, and soft tannins.
FOOD PAIRING: Pair this wine with savory cheeses, cured meats, spicy sausages, and game. - Winery
- Varietal composition: 100% Portuguiser
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel tanks
- Type of aging container: Stainless steel tanks
- Length of aging before bottling: 9 months
- Length of bottle aging: 1 months
- Alcohol: 13.2 %
- Residual sugar: <2.0 g/ L
- Acidity: 2.7 g/ L