Concentrated, with intense mature red fruit aromas, hints of violets and "esteva" (a local Portuguese resinous bush).
Good structure with matured round tannins and a long persistent finish.
The grapes, from both the younger vineyards (Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca and Sousão - 80%) and older vineyards (over 70 years old - 20%), were fermented in 10 and 5 ton stainless steel tanks for a week. All wines were fermented under controlled temperature varying between 25º and 27ºC. The finest of the press wine, from a traditional basket press, was also used for ageing for the final blend.
25% Touriga Franca
25% Touriga Nacional
25% Tinta Roriz
20% Mixed old vineyards
70% aged for 16 months in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 30% aged in 225 litres used French Oak barriques (3rd and 4th year) for 16 months until final blending.