In The Vineyards – 2013
* The 2013 harvest was early, even and excellent, with all of our Estate fruit in the winery by October 10th
* A warm dry spring brought an early bud break and created ideal conditions for flowering and fruit set
* In the weeks after Labor Day, a moderate heat event followed by a period of perfect weather created a dream scenario for end-of-season ripening
* Rain was not a factor, and for the second vintage in a row, the quality of the grapes was exceptional throughout Napa Valley
* Blended around a core of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, this is one of the most structured and ageworthy expressions of our Proprietary Red Wine that we have ever made.
* The nose offers deep, concentrated aromas of blackberry cobbler and rich brambly fruit.
* The palate is soft and rich, with balanced tannins framing lush layers of blueberry, blackberry and spice, all of which carry through to a long, supple finish. – Winemaker Don LaBorde
73% Cabernet Sauvignon
4% Petit Verdot
Aging & Oak: 18 months in oak - 95% French Oak, 5% American Oak - 50% New Oak, 50% Second Vintage