This medium-bodied Merlot delivers aromas of spice and blackberry with the perfect balance of earth, cocoa and ripe cherry notes on the palate. The complex flavors are followed by a smooth, velvety finish. - Juan Muñoz Oca, Winemaker
* The 2015 vintage was one of the warmest growing seasons on record in Washington.
* Warm temperatures continued through the spring and summer, moderating slightly into fall and extending an early harvest.
* Overall, 2015 saw very favorable growing conditions, producing optimal ripening across varieties and yielding outstanding wines throughout the region.
* The Horse Heaven Hills vineyards are located in Eastern Washington. This region is mostly dry with less precipitation due to the rain shadow effect from the surrounding Cascade Mountain range.
* The terrain consists of south-facing slopes that provide excellent sun exposure for grape ripening, and protection from cold airflow during the winter months.
* Strong wind patterns in the Horse Heaven Hills reduce canopy size and density and contribute to even ripening by moderating temperature extremes.
2% Other Varietals