This Sauvignon Blanc from our Horse Heaven Vineyard is a crisp, racy style of Sauvignon Blanc with citrus characteristics. We use partial stainless steel fermentation to preserve the Sauvignon Blanc’s pure, fresh, vibrant character. - Bob Bertheau, Winemaker
• The 2016 vintage experienced the best of both worlds with a hot spring and early summer, but also a cool fall season.
• Cooler temperatures in August and September, slowed down ripening and resulted in longer hang time for the grapes and the longest harvest on record in Washington State (August 15-November 15).
• Overall, 2016 saw very favorable growing conditions, producing wines with ripeness and elegance.
• Yeasts specifically designated for Sauvignon Blanc were used to initiate the three-week fermentation and release varietal aromas.
• 73% stainless steel fermented to preserve Sauvignon Blanc’s fresh, vibrant fruit character.
• 27% barrel fermented for slight spice and texture in older French oak.
• Sur lie aged for four months for enhanced complexity and structure.
TA: 0.66 g/100ml
Overall Customer Rating of 1 Reviews: