Our Harvest Select Riesling is made in a slightly sweeter style than our Columbia Valley Riesling but still shows the classic Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling character. It offers rich flavors of ripe peaches balanced with crisp Washington Riesling acidity. It’s like a bowl of fruit in a glass! This wine is a great match with Thai food. - Bob Bertheau, Head Winemaker
• The 2015 vintage was one of the warmest growing seasons on record in Washington state.
• Warm temperatures continued through the spring and summer, moderating slightly into fall and extending an early harvest.
• Overall, 2015 saw optimal ripening across varieties and yielded outstanding wines throughout the region.
• Columbia Valley vineyards lie in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains and receive just 6-8 inches of rainfall annually.
• Warm, sunny days and cool evening temperatures create ideal conditions for intense aroma and flavor development in the ripening grapes.
• A northerly latitude gives the Columbia Valley roughly two more hours of sunlight daily during the peak-growing season than California, increasing the region’s ability to ripen fruit.
• Riesling grapes were harvested in October at the peak of flavor.
• Fermentation temperatures were maintained at 50-55 degrees F to preserve Riesling’s fresh and fruity character.
• We feature the “Riesling Taste Profile” scale on the back label to illustrate that this Riesling is made in a “medium-sweet” style.
Total acidity: 0.68 g/100 ml
Residual sugar: 4.70 g/100 ml