Chimera is one of my earliest wines, the name taken from Greek mythology... "a monster comprised of three different animals" as is depicted on the label. Originally blended from three vineyards back in 2001, I now have access to several excellent Russian River vineyard sources that boost its quality and value.
Medium dark red to purple in color with a vibrant purple hue leads into perfumed aromas of dark berries, crème cherry and raspberry with a light vanilla oak note. Nicely integrated with red cherry fruit, pomegranate, and strawberry preserve. Chimera has a medium weight and tannins with a silky texture and a candied fruit finish.
- 40% Starscape Vineyard, Russian River
- 27% Widdoes Vineyard, Russian River
- 20% Sale Vineyard, Russian River
- 5% Pisoni Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
- 5% Wilson Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
- 3% Garys’ Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
- Aging: 11 months French oak, 10% new
- pH: 3.72
- TA (g/1): 6.1
- Alcohol: 14.6
- ** Only 12 in Stock **
Capiaux’s largest-production bottling, is delicious this vintage and a great value. Medium ruby, it’s intensely scented of raspberry liqueur, blood orange, licorice, iron and earth. The full-bodied palate is plush, silky and open with generous, spice fruits and a very long finish. - Robert Parker 94 points