Chimera is one of my earliest wines, the name taken from Greek mythology... "a monster comprised of three different animals" as is depicted on the label. Originally blended from three vineyards back in 2001, I now have access to several excellent Russian River vineyard sources that boost its quality and value.
2018 Chimera shows medium red in color, a purple hue and purple core. Floral aromas akin to cherry blossoms and rose petals waft from the glass with nice toasty oak notes. A fresh, medium bodied wine showing dried cherry and cranberry flavors with a creamy texture and good tannin structure.
- 40% Starscape Vineyard, Russian River
- 27% Widdoes Vineyard, Russian River
- 20% Sale Vineyard, Russian River
- 5% Pisoni Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
- 5% Wilson Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
- 3% Garys’ Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
- Aging: French oak, 10% new
- pH: 3.72
- TA (g/1): 6.1
- Alcohol: 14.6