Chimera is one of my earliest wines, the name taken from Greek mythology... "a monster comprised of three different animals" as is depicted on the label. Originally blended from three vineyards back in 2001, I now have access to several excellent Russian River vineyard sources that boost its quality and value.
You’ll see a medium dark ruby red hue give way to dark red fruit aromas and a hint of cinnamon. Classic Russian River flavors of cola, cherry and licorice on the mid palate and a warm-spice box finish.
Appellation: Russian River
- 30% Starscape Vineyard, Russian River
- 30% Sale Vineyard, Russian River
- 20% Widdoes Vineyard, Russian River
- 10% Starscape Vineyard, Old Vine, Russian River
- 5% Wilson Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
- 3% Garys’ Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
- 2% Pisoni Vineyard, Santa Lucia Highlands
- Aging: French oak, 15% new
- pH: 3.72
- TA (g/1): 6.4
- Alcohol: 14.5