• The 2017 growing season was cooler and crop yields were significantly lower in comparison to the past two vintages.
• The cooler early spring temperatures along with ample soil moisture from winter precipitation and spring rainfall, delayed ripening and helped to retain fresh fruit aromatics and mouthwatering acidity.
• Rainfall was minimal from mid-May to mid-August and temperatures were above average in July and August
• Despite cold winter conditions, 2017 gave us concentrated wines with classic Washington state character.
• Grapes were picked at approximately 22 Brix to develop a bright, juicy wine.
• The fruit was fed directly to press. After two days of cold settling, the clean juice was racked off solids.
• Cool 14-20 day fermentation in stainless steel tanks enhanced this variety’s lively aromatics.
“This crisp, refreshing Pinot Grigio offers aromas of fresh melon and green apple followed by flavors of pear and honeysuckle. Pair this wine with your favorite seafood dish.” - Keith Kenison, Winemaker
- 98% Pinot Grigio
- 2% Sauvignon Blanc
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- TA: 0.55 g/100mL
- pH: 3.43