Mimosas are the perfect sit by the pool, hang out at the beach cocktail. Refreshing and crisp, mimosas are almost synonymous with summer and certainly vacation.
What is a Mimosa?
A cocktail made with dry sparkling wine and orange juice, often finished with Grand Marnier or triple sec. Can be made with Cava from Spain, or Prosecco (any dry spakling wine will do, but go for a little better quality).
Our Recommendation: Dibon Brut Reserve Cava NV 750ML
- 1 (750 ml) bottle chilled dry sparkling wine, not sweet (We recommend Cava from Spain or Prosecco)
- Chilled orange juice (go for freshly squeezed or a high quality brand)
- Grand Marnier or triple sec (optional)
- Garnish with Orange Slices or Straberries
HOW TO MAKE
- Fill your champagne flutes 1/2 full with chilled sparkling wine.
- Add 1/2 with fresh squeezed orange juice.
- Optionally top with a splash off Grand Marnier, triple sec or cointreau. Garnish with your favorite fruit.
- Enjoy! :D
Alternate Method: 1/3 chilled sparkling wine, 1/3 O.J. 1/3 Grand Marnier, triple sec or cointreau.
Mimosas are so easy to make, you can play around with the ratios to find the perfect ratio for your taste. You can make them individually or even in a batch.